Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random musings!!

I have tried to write regularly so many times in the past, and have miserably failed each time. I guess one of the reasons that I want to write is that I have always believed that I am better than others, but then I guess we all feel this way. Me, I just take it a notch higher and believe I am far more creative and funnier than the others, or as my friend once said, " We are way too better than  those mere mortals ". Still I believe there are several reasons that I have never been able to successfully continue with writing.

I guess the biggest one is I am way too unorganized and its impossible for me to gather my thoughts and put them down in paper at the same time. I guess I should try to take notes of thoughts, bullet them down in a paper and then start writing. I think I just write the way I think in my head or the way I would talk to to some one. I guess writing is much more complicated than that. At least thats what I was taught in school. Every essay needs to have a starting, then you need to elaborate on the core points and then you need to have an ending. I guess my thoughts are way too random to follow this pattern.
Whenever I write, I simply try to put my thoughts on paper. If I get bored I deviate, if I get s.th better to think, I'll start to write about that. I guess all this doesn't qualify as skilled writing.

Then there is always the thought of being read by others and being judged by people. I like to believe that I am not an introvert but then I am not one of the most outgoing person you will meet. I take my time trusting people and then I am way to judgmental and strongly opinionated about things. I won't say it loud and argue till death about this but then you are off my friend list if our thoughts don't match. My friend once said "You should get down from your one horned pony and be realistic". I think because I am so judgmental about people I don't want to be judged by the same standards and being thought of as another idiot.

And then I know my writing skills are average at best, even though I would want to believe that they are as good as that of a professional writer.

But besides all this the reason that I try to write is because it makes me feel light headed. I  feel much better when I am able to get my thoughts out of my head and on a piece of paper. I wonder at times if every one else feels this way and are observing and thinking about things around them, or is way too busy with his life.

Anyways I guess I have wrote enough and I am little proud of what I have put down today. Frankly I tried to accommodate some of my jokes, but I guess it was way too hard to get that done in this blog post.  Will probably put my next post as "I think I am funny". I wish I could end this post with some perfect line, but well I am way to dumb to think of s.th creative when I am running out of patience to complete something.

No comments: